1. Ensure your safety first
2. Call for emergency response immediately
3. Place the victim on his/her back. If neck/ spinal injury is suspected, 3-5 people are required to support the patient and to avoid any further injuries to the victim.
4. Do not attempt to remove the object from the eye
5.Look for a piece of paper and create a paper cup large enough to cover the injured eye and the foreign object. Strap the paper cup on the head - this stabilizes the foreign object and prevents further injury through movements.
6. Cover the uninjured eye with sterile dressing - this helps prevent movement of the injured eyeball in the socket causing further injury.
7. Take the victim to the nearest health facility immediately.