1. Safety first! Ensure that the environment is safe for you to approach. Observe safety precautions while handling blood/open wounds
2. Check whether the victim is alert, breathing and if there is any active bleeding. If not breathing or no heartbeat found, have someone call for help and begin CPR. If there is active bleeding, control bleeding
3. Avoid moving the victim except if necessary to prevent further injury
4. Immobilize the injured area. DO NOT realign the limb or push in bone that is sticking out
5. If trained on how to apply a splint, splint above and below the fracture site. This reduces pain, discomfort and bleeding from the fracture site.
6. Monitor for signs of shock.