Breast cancer

Ethan@2008 post , last update at 12.10.2012 21:45

Karima, i can see that the main focus is on women. What is being done for the men who know nothing about this lurking danger!! I imagine women are the most affected but don't we also need to think about the few men who get affected?

Reply...
Oly post , last update at 13.10.2012 16:22

@Muntez...there's this myth i found a bit weird...it said bras can cause breast cancer...definitely a myth right?!

Reply...
Muntez_ post , last update at 13.10.2012 20:10

@oly today a mami asked me the same: if sleeping with a bra or wearing a tight bra causes breast cancer. definitely a myth.

Reply...
Muntez_ post , last update at 13.10.2012 20:15

Ethan, as Karima said men do get breast cancer, but the prevalence is low than that of women. that is why we focus on women more as it is the no. 1 cancer killer in women. Men need to worry more about prostate and others. HOWEVER we still share the info about Breast cancer with men. for their own health n for their sisters, gfs, wives:-) that way we all live long.

Reply...
Muntez_ post , last update at 13.10.2012 20:18

I was asked if plants/food products grown in greenhouses cause cancer n breast cancer for that matter. What do you guys think? myth or fact?

Reply...
raniajones post , last update at 14.10.2012 10:11

tell your mum ,your sisters,aunties to go get checked today!!!! awareness starts from home. PS.Pink move rocks ;-)

Reply...
raniajones post , last update at 14.10.2012 10:11

tell your mum ,your sisters,aunties to go get checked today!!!! awareness starts from home. PS.Pink move rocks ;-)

Reply...
Ethan@2008 post , last update at 14.10.2012 13:15

Oly, actually, the word going round is that wearing an under-wire bra puts you at risk of breast cancer. I was planning to go shopping for wireless bra's so am very interested to hear what p'ple have to say about this.

Reply...
Karima_Chiuri post , last update at 14.10.2012 18:29

www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=fact-or-fiction-underwire-bras-cause-cancer Read that. There's really scientific backing to the bra myth...so i guess Myth Busted!

Reply...
drmuthee post , last update at 15.10.2012 07:41

Breast Lumps - Feeling a lump in her breast can be the scariest moment in a woman’s life. About one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point, most after age 50. There is no one type of breast cancer — many tumors are sensitive to the hormone estrogen, but some aren’t; some express specific genes such as HER2 that respond to targeted drug treatment, while others do not. Certain genes increase a person’s risk factor for cancer, the most common being mutated versions of two genes called BRCA1 and BRCA2. Alcohol use, delayed childbirth, obesity and exposure to radiation also increase the risk for cancer.

Reply...
Register / Log in